Mac Power Users Episode 67, Web Security, is available for download. We invited George Starcher to join us with advice about staying secure on the Internet. This is a very detailed show in classic MPU fashion. There is a nice summary towards the end though, around the 85:50 mark. Get the episode over at 5by5. Also, don’t forget to subscribe in iTunes.
You should really listen to the show but here are a few good points to remember:
- At home, use OpenDNS.
- At home, secure your network with WPA2, not WPA or WEP.
- Public WiFi = Shields up.
- Public WiFi = No transactions that involve money.
- Get rid of Flash.
- Don’t run as Admin.
- Use a separate browser for your banking transactions.
- Use 3G instead of Public WiFi if at all possible.
- Use 1Password.