Already a Labs Supporter?
Want to Join The MacSparky Labs?
For years I’ve been running experiments while wearing my MacSparky hat. I try different apps and workflows constantly. Historically, I could not share most of those experiments because they were full of confidential client data. Not any more.
MacSparky Labs gets you behind the scenes and early access to what is going on with MacSparky tests, experiments, and new workflow ideas. There are three levels. They are additive. You get everything from the prior levels plus something more with each successive level. There’s a handy table below, but if you are word inclined, here you go. As you can see, I’ve worked hard to make sure all the lab members get some exciting content. I’ve got a lot of plans for the MacSparky Labs, and I sincerely appreciate your support.
Level 1 – Supporter Access
Supporters get access to:
- The MacSparky Labs blog posts
- The MacSparky Labs newsletter
- Exclusive labs videos
- Access to the Supporter Podcast
$5/Month or $50/Year
Level 2 – Backstage Access
At this level, you get everything from Supporter level plus:
- Digital meet-ups
- Friends of Dave (FOD) interview videos (video interviews with interesting people)
- The meet-ups, and FOD interviews will also be recorded and made available for Behind the Scenes Access members who can’t make it.
- Focus Sessions – Group working sessions where we all try and get some important work done, together.
- Special Field Guide Discounts
- Access to the Backstage Podcast, which includes all content from the Supporter Podcast plus additional content and audio recordings of FOD interviews and Virtual Meetups.
$10/Month or $100/Year
Level 3 – Early Access
At this level, you get all of the above benefits plus early access:
- Participation and access to the MacSparky Deep Dives, where I share and discuss workflows.
- Substantive blog posts and videos are often finished well before publication. You’ll get access to those before anyone else.
- The same goes for Field Guides. Once I finish a new Field Guide, it usually takes a few weeks of doing the marketing and final tweaks before release. At this level, you’ll get the opportunity to purchase new Field Guides (at a discount) and get access before they are released publicly.
- Access to the Early Access Podcast, which includes all content from the Supporter and Backstage Podcasts plus additional content and audio recordings Deep Dive sessions.
$20/Month or $200/Year
All levels can also be purchased on an annual basis. Purchasing on an annual basis gets you two months for free.
|Benefit||1 – Supporter||2 – Backstage Access||3 – Early Access|
|Sign Up Links||Monthly | Yearly||Monthly | Yearly||Monthly | Yearly|
|Support Your Local Sparky||✓||✓||✓|
|Exclusive Blog Posts||✓||✓||✓|
|Weekly Lab Report Podcast||✓||✓||✓|
|The Supporter Podcast||✓|
|Digital Meet Ups||✓||✓|
|Friends of Dave Interviews||✓||✓|
|Field Guide Discounts||✓||✓|
|The Backstage Podcast||✓|
|Early Access Posts||✓|
|Early Access Videos||✓|
|Early Access Field Guides||✓|
|Access to MacSparky Deep Dives||✓|
|Quarterly and Monthly Planning Calls||✓|
|The Early Access Podcast||✓|
|Cost (Monthly | Yearly)||$5 | $50||$10 | $100||$20 | $200|
Here are a Few Testimonials…
MacSparky Labs consistently makes my productivity journey more creative and fun.Fernando
Everyone says ‘I try to under promise and over deliver’ when they are providing a service.“ “Under Promise?” Check. “Over Deliver?” Not so much. The way David Sparks “over delivers” with MacSparky Early Access is jaw-droppingly good. It’s just……staggering how good it is. Sign up. Best technology spend you’ll ever make.Mark S.
Being a part of MacSparky Labs is like having David right by my side as I continue to refine my workflows and get the most out of my Apple devices. The membership carries across various channels and includes podcast episodes and video recordings. Each piece of content is assigned a difficulty rating. David’s instructions are always so clear, it feels as if I could tackle any of what he sends our way.Bonni
When David Sparks announced his membership program in early January of this year, I immediately joined the highest level. I knew the quality of his work and trusted he’d produce much more. My expectations have been exceeded. I receive a constant flow of exclusive, excellent-quality material. This includes video tutorials, weekly Apple updates, “deep dive” zoom calls to cover topics in-depth, planning sessions, member “virtual meetups” with David, podcasts, newsletters, etc.
I’ve learned new skills, enhanced my productivity systems, and gained new insights. My creativity has been sparked with new ideas to think about and write about in my blog. As a member of MacSparky labs, I’ve received more value per dollar than anything I’ve paid for in years. There’s no question that I will renew my membership for another year!Jim
I am happy to be a MacSparky Labs supporter. David’s observations and advice are nearly always useful and often thought provoking. David still thinks like a lawyer in terms of noting issues and formulating how to address them in a supportive and productive manner and it is great to gain his insights on breaking software and methods of work.Frederick
More than anything, I appreciate David’s attitude. He is forthright and speaks his mind about issues he cares about. The passion he has for all things Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple and his caring for his customers come through in all that he does. As well, he imparts a positive attitude in whatever he writes about.Richard
Can you Tell me More About the Content?
Sure. When you sign up for the labs, you get access to all prior content at your membership level. Here are some recent examples of MacSparky Labs content:
- 2023-01-23 – The Monday Brief – On Upgrading Your Mac (Levels 1-3)
- 2023-01-21 – Video Discussion on Replacing Intel 5K iMac with Apple Silicon (Levels 1-3)
- 2023-01-20 – The Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2023-01-19 – The January Meetup Video (Levels 2-3)
- 2023-01-18 – Automating Calendar Views (Levels 2-3)
- 2023-01-17 – False Urgency Webinar (Levels 1-3)
- 2023-01-16 – Focus Session Announcement (Levels 2-3)
- 2023-01-16 – The Monday Brief (Levels 1-3)
- 2023-01-13 – Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2023-01-12 – False Urgency Webinar Next Week (Levels 1-3)
- 2023-01-12 – Lab Meetup (Level 2-3)
- 2023-01-11 – Mac Launcher Deep Dive Video (Level 3)
- 2023-01-09 – The Monday Brief (Levels 1-3)
- 2023-01-06 – The Lab Report (Levels 1-3)
- 2023-01-06 – Mac Launcher Deep Dive Webinar (Level 3)
- 2023-01-05 – Finding Love for Safari Tab Groups (Levels 2-3)
- 2023-01-04 – Learning to Love Safari Tabs (Levels 1-3)
- 2023-01-04 – Digital + Analog Tasks (Levels 2-3)
- 2023-01-02 – The Monday Brief Newsletter (Levels 1-3)
- 2023-01-01 – 2023 Q1 Planning Video (Level 3)
- 2022-12-31 – Thank You from MacSparky (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-12-30 – The Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-12-29 – Using Readwise (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-12-29 – Focus Session (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-12-28 – 2023 Q1 Planning Session Live Event (Level 3)
- 2022-12-27 – Cooking Ideas with MindNode (Level 2-3)
- 2022-12-26 – The Monday Brief (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-12-23 – The Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-12-22 – Triggering Shortcuts with Stream Deck Buttons (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-12-21 – Tab Navigation in the Dialog Box (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-12-20 – Using Priorities in Reminders (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-12-19 – The Monday Brief (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-12-18 – The Next Labs Focus Session (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-12-17 – Contextual Spaces and Window Management Tricks (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-12-16 – Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-12-15 – Focus Session Live Event (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-12-15 – Sparky’s Dock Launcher Deep Dive Video (Level 3)
- 2022-12-14 – Setting Up an Aqara TVOC Sensor (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-12-13 – Q1 2023 Planning Call Announcement (Level 3)
- 2022-12-13 – Automating OmniFocus Tabs (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-12-12 – The December Virtual Meetup Video (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-12-12 – The Monday Brief – on Uses for AI (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-12-09 – December Planning Session Video (Level 3)
- 2022-12-09 – Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-12-07 – December Virtual Meetup Event (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-12-07 – Sharing a Holiday Shopping List with Apple Notes (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-12-06 – Experimenting with the Kindle Scribe (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-12-05 – December Planning Call Event (Level 3)
- 2022-12-05 – The Monday Brief (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-12-04 – December Deep Dive – Sparky’s Super Dock Signups (Level 3)
- 2022-12-04 – December Virtual Meetup Signups (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-12-02 – The Lab Report (MacSparky Labs) (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-12-01 – Stream Deck + Initial Impressions (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-11-29 – Friends of Dave with Kaitlin Salzke (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-11-28 – The Monday Brief – November 28, 2022 (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-11-26 – Introducing MacSparky Labs Focus Sessions (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-11-25 – Planning with Sparky (Level 3)
- 2022-11-25 – The Lab Report (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-11-25 – Let’s Build a Shortcut – Craft to Notes Importer (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-11-23 – Window Management Deep Dive (Level 3)
- 2022-11-21 – The Monday Brief – November 21, 2022 (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-11-18 – The Lab Report (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-11-17 – Home Assistant with Rosemary Orchard (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-11-17 – Next Week’s Virtual Meetup (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-11-15 – Exploring Raycast (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-11-14 – The Monday Brief (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-11-11 – The Lab Report (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-11-10 – Relative Dates in Shortcuts (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-11-09 – Window Management Deep Dive Details (Level 3)
- 2022-11-08 – FOD Interview with William Gallagher (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-11-07 – The Monday Brief (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-11-07 – Window Management Deep Dive (Level 3)
- 2022-11-04 – The Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-11-03 – OmniFocus 4 for Mac Tour (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-10-31 – October Virtual Meetup (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-10-31 – The Monday Brief (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-10-28 – The Lab Repot Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-10-27 – Endor Studios Tour (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-10-24 – The Monday Brief (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-10-21 – The Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-10-21 – The Monthly Archive Backup Routine (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-10-18 – Considering Reminders (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-10-17 – The Monday Brief (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-10-14 – The Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-10-14 – New Features in Apple Reminders (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-10-14 – October Virtual Meetup (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-10-13 – Quarterly Planning Video Release (Level 3)
- 2022-10-11 – October Virtual Meetup Details (Level 2-3)
- 2022-10-10 – The Monday Brief (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-10-07 – The Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-10-07 – Quarterly Planning with Sparky (Level 3)
- 2022-10-06 – New Apple Mail Features Video (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-10-06 – MacSparky Labs Forums Announcement (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-10-04 – Focus Modes Video Release (Level 2-3)
- 2022-10-04 – Quarterly Planning with Sparky Announcement and Sign-Ups (Level 3)
- 2022-10-03 – The Monday Brief
Want to Gift a Subscription? You Can Do That!
A Brief Note About Upgrades
Some MacSparky Labs members want to upgrade to a higher level after joining. That’s not a problem, just purchase the new plan while logged in and the system should prorate the purchase based on your prior plan automatically. If you have any problem with this, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Having Trouble Logging In?
Here’s a handy video.
How To Access Your Labs Content
Need help accessing your MacSparky Labs Content? There’s a video for that.
Need Any Other Customer Support?
Just send us a note to email@example.com.