Already a Labs Supporter?
Want to Join The MacSparky Labs?
For years I’ve been running experiments while wearing my MacSparky hat. I try different apps and workflows constantly. Historically, I could not share most of those experiments because they were full of confidential client data. Not any more.
MacSparky Labs gets you behind the scenes and early access to what is going on with MacSparky tests, experiments, and new workflow ideas. There are three levels. They are additive. You get everything from the prior levels plus something more with each successive level. There’s a handy table below, but if you are word inclined, here you go. As you can see, I’ve worked hard to make sure all the lab members get some exciting content. I’ve got a lot of plans for the MacSparky Labs, and I sincerely appreciate your support.
Level 1 – Supporter Access
Supporters get access to:
- The MacSparky Labs blog posts
- The MacSparky Labs newsletter
- Exclusive labs videos
- Access to the Supporter Podcast
$5/Month or $50/Year
Level 2 – Backstage Access
At this level, you get everything from Supporter level plus:
- Digital meet-ups
- Friends of Dave (FOD) interview videos (video interviews with interesting people)
- The meet-ups, and FOD interviews will also be recorded and made available for Behind the Scenes Access members who can’t make it.
- Special Field Guide Discounts
- Access to the Backstage Podcast, which inclues all content from the Supporter Podcast plus additional content and audio recordings of FOD interviews and Virtual Meetups.
$10/Month or $100/Year
Level 3 – Early Access
At this level, you get all of the above benefits plus early access:
- Participation and access to the MacSparky Deep Dives, where I share and discuss workflows.
- Substantive blog posts and videos are often finished well before publication. You’ll get access to those before anyone else.
- The same goes for Field Guides. Once I finish a new Field Guide, it usually takes a few weeks of doing the marketing and final tweaks before release. At this level, you’ll get the opportunity to purchase new Field Guides (at a discount) and get access before they are released publicly.
- Access to the Early Access Podcast, which inclues all content from the Supporter and Backstage Podcasts plus additional content and audio recordings Deep Dive sessions.
$20/Month or $200/Year
All levels can also be purchased on an annual basis. Purchasing on an annual basis gets you two months for free.
|Benefit||1 – Supporter||2 – Backstage Access||3 – Early Access|
|Sign Up Links||Monthly | Yearly||Monthly | Yearly||Monthly | Yearly|
|Support Your Local Sparky||✓||✓||✓|
|Exclusive Blog Posts||✓||✓||✓|
|Weekly Lab Report Podcast||✓||✓||✓|
|The Supporter Podcast||✓|
|Digital Meet Ups||✓||✓|
|Friends of Dave Interviews||✓||✓|
|Field Guide Discounts||✓||✓|
|The Backstage Podcast||✓|
|Early Access Posts||✓|
|Early Access Videos||✓|
|Early Access Field Guides||✓|
|Access to MacSparky Deep Dives||✓|
|The Early Access Podcast||✓|
|Cost (Monthly | Yearly)||$5 | $50||$10 | $100||$20 | $200|
Can you Tell me More About the Content?
Sure. When you sign up for the labs, you get access to all prior content at your membership level. Here are some recent examples of MacSparky Labs content:
- 2022-06-28 – Rethinking Email, Part 1 (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-06-27 – Mid-Year Reflection Planning and Review – Director’s Cut (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-26 – Video previews for Early Access Subscribers (Level 3)
- 2022-06-26 – Mid-Year Planning and Reflection Session Details (Level 3)
- 2022-06-24 – The Lab Report (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-23 – Triggering a Focus Mode via Calendar Event (Level 3)
- 2022-06-22 – iPad Status Board, Part 2 (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-21 – Duplicate Calendar Event to “Busy Calendar Shortcuts (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-06-20 – WWDC State of the Platform Summary (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-17 – The Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-16 – iPadOS Deep Dive (Level 3)
- 2022-06-15 – Using AppleScript to Jump to a Specific Mailbox in Apple Mail (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-06-10 – Details on iPadOS Deep Dive (Level 3)
- 2022-06-10 – WWDC Virtual Meetup (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-09 – Project Creation with Craft, OmniFocus, and Shortcuts (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-06-09 – WWDC Virtual Meetups (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-07 – WWDC Day Two Report and WWDC Virtual Meetup Links (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-06 – WWDC Day One Podcast and Photos (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-05 – Reporting in from Cupertino (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-03 – Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-02 – Creating Animated Hand-Drawn Slides for Keynote (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-05-31 – WWDC update from Sparky (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-02 – Labs Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-05-26 – Using Your iPad as a Mac Dashboard (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-05-25 – Using Obsidian for Task Management (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-05-24 – Early Release: Shortcuts for Mac Field Guide (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-05-24 – Sparky’s Obsidian Presentation (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-05-23 – Early Access Content – Obsidian and Status Board Videos (Level 3)
- 2022-05-20 – Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-05-19 – Using Your iPhone as a Webcam with Camo (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-05-18 – Creating OmniFocus Template Projects with Keyboard Maestro (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-05-16 – Early Access Video Previews (Level 3)
- 2022-05-16 – Friends of Dave Interview with Ian Byrd (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-05-13 – Lab Report Podcast (Level 1-3)
- 2022-05-12 – Taking Screenshots with the Mac’s Built-in Tools (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-05-10 – Early Access – Shortcuts for Mac Field Guide (Level 3)
- 2022-05-09 – Early Access Screenshot Video (Level 3)
- 2022-05-09 – May 2022 Virtual Meetup Video and Podcast (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-05-06 – Labs Report Podcast Release (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-05-05 – May 2022 Questions and Answers (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-05-04 – Virtual Meetup Details (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-05-03 – Using the Bento App (Task Manager Survey) (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-05-02 – Early Access Release, Questions and Answers Video and Podcast (Level 3)
- 2022-05-02 – Testing a Card-Based Goal System and Additional Early Access Content (Level 3)
Want to Gift a Subscription? You Can Do That!
A Brief Note About Upgrades
Some MacSparky Labs members want to upgrade to a higher level after joining. That’s not a problem, just purchase the new plan while logged in and the system should prorate the purchase based on your prior plan automatically. If you have any problem with this, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Having Trouble Logging In?
Here’s a handy video.
How To Access Your Labs Content
Need help accessing your MacSparky Labs Content? There’s a video for that.
Need Any Other Customer Support?
Just send us a note to email@example.com.