Already a Labs Supporter?
Want to Join The MacSparky Labs?
For years I’ve been running experiments while wearing my MacSparky hat. I try different apps and workflows constantly. Historically, I could not share most of those experiments because they were full of confidential client data. Not any more.
MacSparky Labs gets you behind the scenes and early access to what is going on with MacSparky tests, experiments, and new workflow ideas. There are three levels. They are additive. You get everything from the prior levels plus something more with each successive level. There’s a handy table below, but if you are word inclined, here you go. As you can see, I’ve worked hard to make sure all the lab members get some exciting content. I’ve got a lot of plans for the MacSparky Labs, and I sincerely appreciate your support.
Level 1 – Supporter Access
Supporters get access to:
- The MacSparky Labs blog posts
- The MacSparky Labs newsletter
- Exclusive labs videos
- Access to the Supporter Podcast
$5/Month or $50/Year
Level 2 – Backstage Access
At this level, you get everything from Supporter level plus:
- Digital meet-ups
- Friends of Dave (FOD) interview videos (video interviews with interesting people)
- The meet-ups, and FOD interviews will also be recorded and made available for Behind the Scenes Access members who can’t make it.
- Special Field Guide Discounts
- Access to the Backstage Podcast, which inclues all content from the Supporter Podcast plus additional content and audio recordings of FOD interviews and Virtual Meetups.
$10/Month or $100/Year
Level 3 – Early Access
At this level, you get all of the above benefits plus early access:
- Participation and access to the MacSparky Deep Dives, where I share and discuss workflows.
- Substantive blog posts and videos are often finished well before publication. You’ll get access to those before anyone else.
- The same goes for Field Guides. Once I finish a new Field Guide, it usually takes a few weeks of doing the marketing and final tweaks before release. At this level, you’ll get the opportunity to purchase new Field Guides (at a discount) and get access before they are released publicly.
- Access to the Early Access Podcast, which inclues all content from the Supporter and Backstage Podcasts plus additional content and audio recordings Deep Dive sessions.
$20/Month or $200/Year
All levels can also be purchased on an annual basis. Purchasing on an annual basis gets you two months for free.
|Benefit||1 – Supporter||2 – Backstage Access||3 – Early Access|
|Sign Up Links||Monthly | Yearly||Monthly | Yearly||Monthly | Yearly|
|Support Your Local Sparky||✓||✓||✓|
|Exclusive Blog Posts||✓||✓||✓|
|Weekly Lab Report Podcast||✓||✓||✓|
|The Supporter Podcast||✓|
|Digital Meet Ups||✓||✓|
|Friends of Dave Interviews||✓||✓|
|Field Guide Discounts||✓||✓|
|The Backstage Podcast||✓|
|Early Access Posts||✓|
|Early Access Videos||✓|
|Early Access Field Guides||✓|
|Access to MacSparky Deep Dives||✓|
|The Early Access Podcast||✓|
|Cost (Monthly | Yearly)||$5 | $50||$10 | $100||$20 | $200|
Here are a Few Testimonials from Existing Labs Members
MacSparky Labs consistently makes my productivity journey more creative and fun.Fernando
Everyone says ‘I try to under promise and over deliver’ when they are providing a service.“ “Under Promise?” Check. “Over Deliver?” Not so much. The way David Sparks “over delivers” with MacSparky Early Access is jaw-droppingly good. It’s just……staggering how good it is. Sign up. Best technology spend you’ll ever make.Mark S.
Being a part of MacSparky Labs is like having David right by my side as I continue to refine my workflows and get the most out of my Apple devices. The membership carries across various channels and includes podcast episodes and video recordings. Each piece of content is assigned a difficulty rating. David’s instructions are always so clear, it feels as if I could tackle any of what he sends our way.Bonni
I am happy to be a MacSparky Labs supporter. David’s observations and advice are nearly always useful and often thought provoking. David still thinks like a lawyer in terms of noting issues and formulating how to address them in a supportive and productive manner and it is great to gain his insights on breaking software and methods of work.Frederick
Can you Tell me More About the Content?
Sure. When you sign up for the labs, you get access to all prior content at your membership level. Here are some recent examples of MacSparky Labs content:
- 2022-08-05 – Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-08-03 – OmniFocus Voice Control with Sal Soghian (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-08-02 – Automating Dates in OmniFocus (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-08-01 – The Monday Brief (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-07-29 – Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-07-26 – Using the Aqara Leak Detector (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-07-25 – The Monday Brief (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-07-24 – M2 MacBook Air Chat with Sparky (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-07-24 – Endor Studios Update – The Rebar (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-07-22 – Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-07-21 – iOS 16 Lock Screens and Focus Modes (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-07-20 – Camera Comparisons (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-07-19 – MailMate Keybinding Video and File (Level 3)
- 2022-07-18 – The Monday Brief (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-07-16 – Endor Studios – Construction Update (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-07-15 – The Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-07-14 – Setting Up MailMate (Level 3)
- 2022-07-13 – Testing The Opal C1 Webcam (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-07-12 – Switching Switches with Sparky (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-07-10 – July Virtual Meetup (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-07-09 – Endor Studios – Demolition Begins (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-07-08 – The Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-07-05 – The M2 MacBook Air Buyer’s Guide (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-07-02 – Mid-Year Planning (Level 3)
- 2022-07-01 – The Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-29 – Text Capture via Shortcut (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-28 – Rethinking Email, Part 1 (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-06-27 – Mid-Year Reflection Planning and Review – Director’s Cut (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-26 – Video previews for Early Access Subscribers (Level 3)
- 2022-06-26 – Mid-Year Planning and Reflection Session Details (Level 3)
- 2022-06-24 – The Lab Report (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-23 – Triggering a Focus Mode via Calendar Event (Level 3)
- 2022-06-22 – iPad Status Board, Part 2 (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-21 – Duplicate Calendar Event to “Busy Calendar Shortcuts (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-06-20 – WWDC State of the Platform Summary (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-17 – The Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-16 – iPadOS Deep Dive (Level 3)
- 2022-06-15 – Using AppleScript to Jump to a Specific Mailbox in Apple Mail (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-06-10 – Details on iPadOS Deep Dive (Level 3)
- 2022-06-10 – WWDC Virtual Meetup (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-09 – Project Creation with Craft, OmniFocus, and Shortcuts (Levels 2-3)
- 2022-06-09 – WWDC Virtual Meetups (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-07 – WWDC Day Two Report and WWDC Virtual Meetup Links (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-06 – WWDC Day One Podcast and Photos (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-05 – Reporting in from Cupertino (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-03 – Lab Report Podcast (Levels 1-3)
- 2022-06-02 – Creating Animated Hand-Drawn Slides for Keynote (Levels 2-3)
Want to Gift a Subscription? You Can Do That!
A Brief Note About Upgrades
Some MacSparky Labs members want to upgrade to a higher level after joining. That’s not a problem, just purchase the new plan while logged in and the system should prorate the purchase based on your prior plan automatically. If you have any problem with this, let us know at email@example.com
Having Trouble Logging In?
Here’s a handy video.
How To Access Your Labs Content
Need help accessing your MacSparky Labs Content? There’s a video for that.
Need Any Other Customer Support?
Just send us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want More Testimonials? Sure Thing.
I’ve been a member of MacSparky Labs Early Access since it began in early January. I’ve been amazed at the number of blogs, zoom webinars, deep dives, online meetups, and other helpful deliverables I’ve received from the Labs in the past 6 months. One especially helpful item to me has been a weekly podcast for members that summarizes the latest Apple news and other related material in a very short format. I’ve learned more about my apps and devices and what to do with them, and practical productivity tips and systems in the last 6 months from MacSparky Labs than I have in the last 6 years reading blogs and books, and listening to podcasts. David’s attitude is that of a hard-working generous servant who truly wants to help people. And being David Sparks, it’s always top-level thinking and production. It’s the best value for money I’ve ever spent in the tech field. And, David also helpfully keeps us up on the latest Star Wars info as well! You need to subscribe. Do it now so you don’t miss out on anything!Jim