Your privacy is important to Sparky Media, Inc,. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Sparky Media, Inc, collects, and the ways in which Sparky Media, Inc, uses that personal information.
Personal Information Collection
Sparky Media, Inc, may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
At MacSparky.com, you provide no data. There is no site login, forum, or other mechanism for you to leave any personally identifiable information;
We use third third-party vendors, identified below, to help with delivery of the newsletter and processing of your payment. We never see any of your full credit card number or payment details, which are handled through third party vendors;
Legal Basis for Collection of Information
MacSparky.com asserts the following legal grounds for the collection of data:
When you sign up for the newsletter or purchase books or video products, you provide explicit consent for Sparky Media, Inc, to collect the above listed personal information.
If you enter an agreement with MacSparky.com for the provision of services in exchange for payment, MacSparky.com will be required to collect the above listed personal information.
Using Personal Information
Sparky Media, Inc, may use your personal information to:
- send to you the newsletter and account-related email;
- send you purchased ebooks and video instructional materials;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications.
Where Sparky Media, Inc, discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. Except for the third-party vendors that collect your data separately when you sign up and pay, MacSparky.com has never shared any of its user data with any third parties.
Sparky Media, Inc, uses the following data processors with respect to the personal information collected:
Data Retention Policy
Data will only be retained as long as you remain subscribed to the MacSparky.com newsletter (either paid or free version) plus one year following termination.
Securing your data
Sparky Media, Inc, will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. If Sparky Media, Inc, stores any of your data, it will do so on secure servers.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
(1) Sparky Media, Inc, does not track users, who interact with its website across the web, and therefore does not use “do not track” signals.
(2) Sparky Media, Inc, does not authorize the collection of personally identifiable information from users on any Sparky Media, Inc, website for third party use through advertising technologies.
MacSparky.com seeks to fully comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Pursuant to this regulation, you have the following rights on this website:
1. Right to be forgotten: You may cancel your account at any time. If you wish your data to be permanently deleted, you may contact us at david@MacSparky.com and it will be deleted within 72 hours.
2. Right to object: We have never performed any data science projects on user data and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If, at some point in the future we determine a use for any sort of data science project on our user data, we will notify you in writing before doing so. In that event you may remove your contact data from any such project by emailing us at admin@MacSparky.com with the subject line “Opt Out of Data Science”.
3. Right to access and rectification: You can contact us at admin@MacSparky.com at any time to access copies of all user data we retain for you. We will remove, update, or change any personal information about you from our servers immediately upon your request.
4. Right of portability: We only retain your name and email address. Nevertheless, we will provide that information to you upon your request.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, if located in the European Union, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
Updating this statement
MacSparky.com and the newsletter contains links to other websites. Sparky Media, Inc, is not responsible for the contents of those third party websites or responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact Sparky Media, Inc,
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by post to Sparky Media, Inc., 7700 Irvine Center Drive, Suite 800, Irvine, CA 92618