We got some nice updates to the iWork suite this week:
- Mailing Lists are back in Pages after a nine-year hiatus.
- New templates were added for event invitations and student certificates.
- Keynote now has dynamic backgrounds that move subtly underneath your slides.
- Keynote now lets you skip (or unskip) collapsed groups of slides.
- Numbers is better at inserting rows and columns in large tables.
You can download the updates in the various App Stores. All of this is good (particularly the mail merge) but also demonstrates further why Apple should split more of its productivity apps out of the core operating systems and make them independent apps with independent teams.