My thanks to TextSniper for sponsoring MacSparky.com this week. This is an app that I use … often.
TextSniper is a Mac OCR app that can extract text anywhere on your Mac’s screen and automatically save it to your clipboard so that you can paste it anywhere you need it. It can even read the text to you. The whole thing works a lot like the built-in screen capture on the Mac, just way more powerful.
Also, TextSniper doesn’t collect your data. The text recognition is processed on your Mac and does not require an internet connection.
With TextSniper, you can:
- Quickly get a text from PDFs, Zoom calls, Presentations, and Videos.
- Copy text from anywhere, even images and websites that don’t let you select text.
- Quickly grab data like email addresses, phone numbers, and links.
- Read QR codes and barcodes.
- Get text out of just about any image format, including JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, and BMP.
I find myself using TextSniper constantly in my daily work. Earlier this week I was signing up for a conference I’m about to attend. The website had a picture of my registration, but didn’t render it as text. That’s right. A picture. So when I needed to get my 12 digit sign up code, I just TextSnipered it out of the image into text and pasted it into the online form. Once again, TextSniper to the rescue.
TextSniper works with macOS Catalina and later and also works with Parallels Desktop
Get TextSniper now and enjoy the fastest way to copy uncopyable text, wherever it may be. Use promo code TS2022 to get an additional 25% off.